Babotie Burgers- Recipe of the Week
- by loraelton
- 27 November, 2012
Babotie Burgers and Mango Chutney- Recipe of the Week
These are really tasty and simple to do, they are also good for getting the kiddies involved with the cooking to and setting up their healthy eating habits for life.
Everyone likes a burger occasionally and you can enjoy these guilt free with a fresh green salad sweet potato wedges.
serves 4, 8 burgers
- 1lb lean mince- you can use beef, lamb or even turkey. Just try and buy the best quality you can afford.
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 large carrot peeled and grated
- The zest of 1 lemon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 50g chopped almonds ( optional)
- 4 tsp coconut oil but olive oil works just as well
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cinammon
- freshly ground black pepper
- 50g raisins/sultanas
- 2 Cox’s apples, diced
- 1 tbsp hot mango chutney seeds of 6 cardamom pods- crushed
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
Alternatively you can buy mango chutney 🙂
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Heat half the oil in a pan and add onion. Fry gently and then add the seasonings and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and divide into 8 ball, then flatten into burgers.
- Heat the remaining oil and sear the burgers on each side.
- Cook the burgers for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through and make the chutney by mixing ingredients together.
- Calories 227 per burger
- 20% Vitamin A
- 36mg Potassium
- 13.5g protein